Local SEO Study
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO refers to the process of ‘optimizing’ your online presence to attract more business from relevant local searches. These searches take place on Google and other search engines.
That the last point is an important one—this isn’t just about Google.
People search for local businesses using various search engines… Google, Binq, Yelp, Apple Maps, etc.
Local ranking factors that help your local business’ SEO As:
- Relevance: are you the relevant result for the user? Does your website match what the user is looking for?
- Distance: how far away are you located? If you are relevant and near, you’ll get a good ranking.
- Prominence: this is about how well your business knows .More on that at the end of this article.
10 simple steps your business can take to boost local SEO :
- Create/Claim your Google My Business listing Getting listed on Google will feature your business in Google’s knowledge panel.
- Setup Google Webmasters Webmasters will help keep track of your site’s search performance
- Select business categories carefully Picking the right main and additional categories can help you rank for more search keywords.
- Check competitors’ citations Find where your competitors are and get on those sites as well.
- Claim / Create Bing listing Getting listed on Bing can help you earn more leads for your business.
- Create / Claim Yelp listing Yelp is one of the most popular sites for business discovery and reviews.
- Create / Claim listings on other directories Ensure presence on all directories to increase your chances of being found
- Duplicate listing clean-up
- Earning reviews
In addition; The local radio, and local TV advertising are still viable and lucrative forms of advertising for some industries and some geographies.
Benefit of Local SEO:
Finally, if you’d like some more advises on how to improve your site’s general visibility in search, make sure you join our mailing list (we send out regular tips on SEO and inbound marketing)